Back to games.asobrain.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 05:58:50 PM

+  AsoBrain Games Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Ranking
| | |-+  Rank Points missing?
« previous next »
Go DownPages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rank Points missing?  (Read 609 times)
Tebnayr

Play AsoBrain Games!

« on: November 25, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »

I just played a game on Basic Xplorers and only won 5 points when 12 points were lost. The net is usually +1.. any reason why this would happen? I have been on this site for more than 9 years and never seen this happen.
Tebnayr

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »

This just happened to me again, I beat someone with more points but only gained 6 when they lost 20.
{GAG}Watsaname
Manager

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »

Please read these as they may help you to understand the ranking system better.
I noticed you have quite a few games with one player and this will affect your rank win points too.

http://games.asobrain.com/pages/faq.php?section=ranking&question=calculation

http://games.asobrain.com/pages/faq.php?section=ranking&question=example

*Ranking Manager is away atm so maybe you can email her via the contact page on the Homepage for precise answers to your questions or you could wait to see if she can reply here soon.

Wats
Tebnayr

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »

Thank you for the reply. I know these pages well, and have noted the final points since I have been here something like 10 years ago. This line is what I am not seeing consistently in the last 2 months: "(note: always equal for both players)". I have ended a game where someone loses 20 points, but the other 2 players only gain 6 and 2. The point differential is -12. I beat someone with more rank points than me, they lost 20, but I did not gain the equal amount. I will wait a day or two then likely email. Thanks again!
Tebnayr

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »

Oh, I also meant to say I think the rank system here is better than anything I have seen anywhere in my life. I teach math and love it and honestly love the algorithm, I have simply seen it not work in a few games!
{JULE}Aso
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 08:07:56 AM »

The net points for a game are often (close to) +0, but not when:

You have played one of your opponents many times before but he hasn't played you as much (relative to the number of games you both play in total) and of course vice versa.

This scews the DOF (different opponent factor) in the ranking calculation to be small for you and big for your opponent.
This leads to less points gained for you then your opponent lost.
Go UpPages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Ingenious is licenced by © 2017 Sophisticated Games Ltd, the publishers of the board game and IOS/Android versions, on behalf of the game author, Reiner Knizia. All enquiries on the rights to this game may be addressed to www.sophisticated-games.com