Back to games.asobrain.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 06:13:44 PM

+  AsoBrain Games Forums
|-+  Games
| |-+  Xplorers
| | |-+  Crazy Longest Road Situation and Bug?
« previous next »
Go DownPages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crazy Longest Road Situation and Bug?  (Read 40 times)
Dude of the north

Play AsoBrain Games!

« on: August 29, 2017, 04:58:34 AM »

Has anyone ever run across this and would you consider it a bug?

2 players have equal longest roads of 15, completely used them up, the first person to 15 got longest. Than I cut off his longest with a night and using my 15th road and I take longest road.

Than he INTIRQUES my night away from his road but I still have longest since he hasn't overtaken me.

Now I have longest road but no place else to build my last settlement, but I get a DIPLOMAT and I have an open road segment since he moved my night off the end

So it's my turn, I have 16 points and just need to move my road and build my settlement and I win - when I play the Diplomat it takes my road count down to 14 while I'm moving it and gives it to the other player mid turn, than I place my road down and it stays with him since I didn't over take him now - CRAZY!!!

This has to be more of a glitch - should that be reprogrammed?

{GAG}Watsaname
Manager

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 08:00:43 AM »

You actually "gave" him the road by removing your road  Undecided
You would have needed to put a knight back where it was to again break his road giving you back the road and then go for those extra winning points by getting the usual metro's or by having stronger knights since you have nowhere to build another settlement.
So nope not crazy and def not a bug, just part of the game you have to think about before you remove a road.

So it's my turn, I have 16 points and just need to move my road and build my settlement and I win - when I play the Diplomat it takes my road count down to 14 while I'm moving it and gives it to the other player mid turn, than I place my road down and it stays with him since I didn't over take him now - CRAZY!!!

This has to be more of a glitch - should that be reprogrammed?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:09:00 AM by Watsaname » Logged
{JULE}Aso
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:13 AM »

I understand why the program would give the road to your opponent, you actually have a shorter road for a short while. I think it's not so much a bug but an unforeseen situation.

I am not sure what the rules say about this specific situation.
{COW}Lehmerin
Manager

have fun :-)

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:29:52 PM »

At this point our system works exactly like the rules say, so this is absolutely correct.
You first have to think if you will keep your longest road before you take the road away or you will loose your
longest road at that moment when you take the road away.
Go UpPages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length