Back to games.asobrain.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 06:37:56 PM

+  AsoBrain Games Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Chit-Chat
| | |-+  What happened to the unspoken rule of not picking on last?!
« previous next »
Go DownPages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What happened to the unspoken rule of not picking on last?!  (Read 115 times)
Johnnybravo21

Play AsoBrain Games!

« on: November 07, 2017, 12:42:41 AM »

Im getting a bit sick of players choosing to pick on people with less points who have no clear advantage, last 3 games iv been spied when 3 points down, had robber on me when player was on 15pts (me 12) and another were a player chose to place the robber on an opponent for taking his knight when clearly i was in the lead!!! This site used to be great for fair play but now it seems its a free for all!!  Undecided
Random

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »

There are many good reasons for picking on a non-leader.

• The non-leader may have specific resources which you hope to steal.
  • The non-leader may be competing with you for longer road or most soldiers, while the leader isn't.
  • The non-leader may be able to block you unless you starve them of resources
  • The non-leader may have previously been the leader, and the current player simply didn't notice the change.
  • The non-leader may be deliberately positioning themselves behind the leader - building roads, but not yet towns, accumulating cards, which may be scoring cards, and the classic case of building two separate roads separated by one space, waiting to become the longest road at the right time.

I tend to find the last of these cases tend to be the most vocal complainers - "Why are you robbing me, I am not the leader". Where I can see it is deliberate, I rob them even more, and mock them.

But at other times, if I rob a non-leader there is a good reason for it, and I make no apologies. I believe in "fair play", but playing lip service to this "unspoken rule" when it is detrimental to my point-scoring is just silly.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:01:57 PM by Random » Logged
Go UpPages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Ingenious is licenced by © 2018 Sophisticated Games Ltd, the publishers of the board game and IOS/Android versions, on behalf of the game author, Reiner Knizia. All enquiries on the rights to this game may be addressed to www.sophisticated-games.com