Back to games.asobrain.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 02:47:08 PM

+  AsoBrain Games Forums
|-+  Clans
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  X-wars Ranking Calculation
« previous next »
Go DownPages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: X-wars Ranking Calculation  (Read 2799 times)
F1sher

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 07:58:13 AM »

In order to get more wars going it might be an option to change the ranking system...
I.e.: Ranking per month, at the end of the year add up all the monthly scores and devide by 12.
Because with the ranking we have now only november and december really count.
Shoot me, but I think it's a good idea  Grin

I agree! 

Rather than playing a minimum of 3 clan wars a month and getting +10 to your score to end the year at +120 points. According to Jernij, that would equate to only a score of +10 points for the whole year. This should give more incentive to players to play as many clan wars as they can to guarantee scores of +50 for the year. It will definitely promote clan activity.
{GAG}Watsaname
Manager

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »

I will not be asking for minimum 3 games per month to be removed at all.
F1sher

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 07:02:13 AM »

I was NOT suggesting to take away the minimum of three games a month away. I was explaining how the math differs. If a players monthly score is calculated by their average per month, then players would need be to play more than 3 games a month to get high in the clan rankings.

The way clan ranking works at present is the same as regular ranking. You have to play a minimum of three clan wars a month. You get positive scores for winning, negative for losing and the amount you get for winning or losing depends on the rank of you and your opponents. Example: I play my three clan wars a month and lets say I win two of three games per month (+10 for win, -5 for lose, +5 for win = +10 each month) for twelve months (+10 each month multiplied by 12 months = +120 points for my individual year rank for clan wars).

What Jernij is suggesting is changing how the scores are calculated. The present challenge is that only November and December truly matter for year rank, same is said for regular ranking. Jernij is proposing that your individual clan member score is taking an average of all twelve months. Example: I play three clan wars a month (+10 for win, -5 for lose, +5 for win = +10 each month) and take an average (+10 each month multiplied by 12 months = +120 divided by 12 months = +10 for my individual clan member score).

The implication of changing the way the ranking is scored promotes players to play MORE than three clan wars a month to have higher monthly scores resulting in individual players achieving high year scores.

@Jernij Correct me if I am misreading your suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:15:19 AM by F1sher » Logged
{SWAT}Jernij

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:19 AM »

You are correct F1sher, I think it's the first time we agree on something  Cool I guess you do get wiser when getting older  Grin
{GAG}Watsaname
Manager

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »

i know what Jernij has proposed as we spoke of this before it was posted ... i just don't want anyone to think or suggest that i would/should drop the minimum clan wars needed, if anything i was thinking of upping it Cool
So i put that in as an add on as i know some will ask for it and was NOT suggesting that is what you said F1sher.
F1sher

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 06:18:49 AM »

Thanks for understanding.  Grin
{JULE}Aikbee

Play AsoBrain Games!

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 07:12:55 PM »

Not bad idea  Wink

I'd say we should keep year ranking. And create Total ranking.
Total ranking = year ranking + month average ranking.

Maybe month average ranking could be average of 8 best months (maybe 6 or maybe 9), if a player plays less than 8 months in a clan wars his sum of month ranking is divided by 8 anyways.

That is My opinion. Even if it's wrong.
Go UpPages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length